For the tenth consecutive year, the Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec (CALQ) invites professional artists and writers representative of Montréal’s cultural diversity to submit a project through its Vivacité Montréal program. All disciplines are eligible. Application deadline is November 15, 2017.
- Support artistic practices of professional artists and writers representative of cultural diversity.
- Support artistic projects that contribute to the professional development of artists who are recent immigrants or are members of a visible minority community.
- Encourage artistic and literary initiatives carried out in collaboration with professional artistic environments in the Montréal region.
- Encourage the realization of projects that foster access for Montrealers to artistic works and productions from professional artists and writers representative of cultural diversity.
- Foster the emergence and development of digital technologies in artistic and literary practices.
To be eligible, the applicant must satisfy either of the following criteria :
- be a professional immigrant artist or writer, i.e. have immigrated less than five years ago and have been born outside Québec and Canada.
- be a member of a visible minority community, i.e. of African, Asian, Middle Eastern, Latin American or mixed racial heritage. Mixed racial heritage means belonging to one or more of the above groups.
Moreover, to be eligible, applicants must satisfy either of the following criteria :
- Have participated in at least one production outside of his training, in a context recognized by his peers.
- Have produced and disseminated at least one work of art publicly in a place and/or context recognized by his peers outside of his training.
For any questions, please contact Lyne Lanthier at :
firstname.lastname@example.org / 514 608-3350