Arts and crafts#
(From the Act respecting the professional status of artists in the visual arts, arts and crafts and literature, and their contracts with promoters)
Common assessment framework#
The agreement signed between coproducers must clearly indicate the obligations of each party and reflect that the applicant’s control over all stages of the production.
To learn more about best practices in terms of discoverability of cultural data, you can consult this guide (French PDF) produced by the Ministère de la Culture et des Communications.
Film and video#
Independent production in film and video implies that the creator has full control of the content and production of the work and all other aspects of production and presentation. He holds all reproduction and public exhibition rights for his work and can, by granting a license, extend such rights to a producer or an independent distributor.
” A person with a deficiency causing a significant and persistant disability, who is liable to encounter barriers in performing everyday activities “.
Hypermedia literary works#
- have produced independent projects;
- have to your credit at least one public presentation and have published at least one critical text in a professional context;
- have professional experience in organizing artistic projects;
- not be employed full time as a curator in an arts organization.
Inuit and First Nations artist#
- Eligible artists include the Inuit and members of Canada’s First Nations residing in Québec.
- Artists must be continuously engaged in their artistic practice and must have received recognition from their community or on their territory as practitioners of their art form, whether traditional or contemporary.
- For the purposes of the CALQ’s programs, the term “artist” also includes writers, storytellers and artisans/creators.
Find out more about using your ISNI at the CALQ.
Literature and Storytelling#
Literary fiction encompasses the novel, poetry, short stories, tales, narrative, youth literature and hypermedia literary works.
Essays focus solely on the comprehension and exploration of artistic and literary life.
This practice refers to shows based on stories or tales drawn from the oral or written tradition or new creations. The storytelling show usually relies on simple means in which the spoken word predominates. It is noteworthy in that the oral recitation or narration is detached from the writing process and sustained by the proximity of the listener such that the story is reinvented every time it is told.
Spoken word in the literary domain
Spoken word revisits the rhythm and sound of words, using the written word as the point of departure. Interaction with the audience has an impact on the spoken word performance and sometimes the text. Spoken word literary forms include literary shows, literary performance, slam, poetry performances, sound poetry, performance poetry, etc.
Classical music includes contemporary music, electroacoustic music and lyric art.
Non-classical music refers to jazz, contemporary music (musique actuelle), traditional music, instrumental music and world music.
- Declare themselves to be professional artists;
- Produce works or practice an art on their own behalf or offer services for payment, as creators or performers, in disciplines within the CALQ’s jurisdiction;
- Have been recognized by their peers;
- Publicly present or perform works at sites or in a context recognized by their peers.
Spoken word artist in the literary domain#
Spoken word creation in the literary domain#
Interaction with the public has an impact on the spoken word performance and also occasionally on the text.