We are aware that artists and organizations are being hit hard by the pandemic. Our teams, like those of the entire government, are working hard to find the best ways to support you. In these exceptional circumstances, please be assured that we continue to be there for you and that our hearts go out in solidarity.
– Anne-Marie Jean, présidente-directrice générale du Conseil
Last update : October 27, 6 pm
Support for travel outside Québec suspended
From now on, and until further notice, all CALQ programs supporting individual travel outside Québec are temporarily suspended. Only the transport of artworks is supported.
- For organizations, this means the Diffusion d’œuvres à l’extérieur du Québec program is suspended for the performing arts, literature and multidisciplinary arts. In the case of the Prospection program, only applications for digital arts, visual arts, film and video, arts and crafts, architectural research, literature and storytelling projects that will take place in Québec can be accepted.
- For artists, this means the Circulation of Works Outside Québec section of the general grant program is suspended for the performing arts, literature and multidisciplinary arts. It is in effect only for projects involving the transportation of works in the digital arts, visual arts, film and video, arts and crafts and architectural research. The Travel section remains open only for projects in Québec.
We encourage you to consult the tables below for information about the management of regular programs.
Support to broadcast shows in Quebec
On October 2nd, Premier François Legault and Minister de la Culture and Communications Nathalie Roy announced an additional $50 million in financial aid to support Quebec producers and broadcasters of shows. The details of this measure are now available online (french only).
Response time and Processing applications
Because of the changing nature of the current situation, the CALQ cannot guarantee response times indicated in the program information will be respected. To facilitate the decision-making process, please submit your application only when you are certain that the project or program of activities as submitted is feasible. Factors that may allow their implementation include, for example:
- the official re-opening of the sector (as decreed by the authorities);
- permission from authorities regarding travel and gatherings;
- the re-opening of borders;
- the signing of contracts.
The CALQ will review the project and reserves the right to deem it ineligible if its integrity is compromised, for example, by the cancellation of a festival or the closing of a venue that is part of the program.
Other important details
- If you cannot register for Mon dossier CALQ or use it to submit an application for a program, please use WeTransfer to submit applications or grant use reports, using the instructions provided
- From now on, grant or funding use reports normally due must be received and approved before a new application is submitted.
- From now on, grant payments will be made according to the project start date. You will receive the payment for your grant on the 1st of the month if your project starts between the 1st and the 14th of the month. You will receive the payment for your grant on the 15th of the month if your project starts between the 15th and the last day of the month.
- If you are an artist and the dates for a supported project have had to change because of the pandemic, please complete this form and return it to the person responsible for your file at the CALQ. The changes will appear in your online file.
- Since the CALQ team is working remotely, applications will not be accepted by mail until further notice, nor will the CALQ mail letters, including those that explain the reasons for the ineligibility of an application.
- Under the exceptional circumstances we currently face, we are devoting all our energies to reducing the time it takes to process your applications. Our priority is to give you prompt access to any financial support you are granted. Unfortunately, given these new working conditions, combined with a very high volume of emails, we cannot respond to requests for information within the usual timeframe or provide you with the evaluation scores. We realize this situation is not ideal but we are doing all we can to offer you the best possible service. In the meantime, we encourage you to consult the FAQ for applicants.
Working with the Ministère de la Culture et des Communications and other government corporations, we are doing everything we can to ensure the safety of clienteles and sustainable, equitable cultural development.
Important notice to organizations
Because of disruptions caused by the pandemic, the CALQ is postponing the general evaluation of Mission Support applications until 2022. Organizations that are already receiving support for the 2017-2021 cycle will receive information in the next few months regarding the renewal of their financial aid.
Additionally, because current circumstances make it impossible to guarantee programs of activities take place, the CALQ suspends until further notice the Specific Programming Support program for certain organization profiles (please refer to the table below). However, organizations affected by the suspension of this program may obtain emergency aid. They should contact the person responsible for their file for information.
Communicating with our team
In keeping with government directives about COVID-19, CALQ offices are closed until further notice. However, we continue to offer our services online.
It is more important than ever to register for Mon Dossier CALQ to submit your applications or track the progress of your file. Documents sent by mail cannot be processed until our offices reopen, and responses for financial aid applications currently in process will be sent via our online service delivery only. No paper letters will be sent.
Finally, given the exceptional circumstances, the CALQ cannot guarantee that response times announced as part of the programs will be respected.
Thank you for your understanding, and please rest assured we will continue to be here for you, albeit virtually.